The farm Villa S.Restituta had defensive characteristics. In the old wine-cellar on that used to be the external wall it's still possible to observe the apertures for shooting and on the front - a small arched door that is elevated over the ground called also "the door of the dead" which is so narrow that it allows the entrance of only one person at a time and thus permits the defence.
At present the various constructions of which the farm is composed testify to the activities of ancient times: besides the wine-cellars where Brunello is constantly finishing its seasoning cicle we also find a granary with riddles, small stables, a joiner's workshop, a smithy with bellows, wooden ovens for making bread and for boiling the washing with ashes, a mill, a greenhouse for lemons for the winter reserve and wells for rain water that are connected with each other by means of galleries..
In a special room there was practised the breeding of silk-worms, there were also looms for weaving, an ancient oil mill with stone mills and earthenware jugs that always conserved the superb extravirgin olive oil. During the pressing out the vegetable oil obtained from the oil separator was collected in stone bowls situated in a small place called "hell" where the illumination oil was collected which served for oil-lamps and other lighting devices.
Over these constructions even now dominates a small bell-tower together with the chapel built in 1700 and the clock turret with a marble face on which the single hand, the hour-hand, marked a slow declamation of time in the epoch in which minutes were of lower importance.
At a small distance from the farm there are still visible the remains of an etruscan road, which lead from Casentino to Roselle.
The most ancient prize for wine Castelli Martinozzi (in the photo) was received in Siena in a provincial viticulture-wine-making contest by Cesare Francalanci Martinozzi in 1892 of which we conserve a certificate.